Terms and Conditions - Insulation
Terms & Conditions – Insulation
Please read this document carefully as it will tell you everything you need to know about how we deal with each other when we carry out installation work in your home. If you have any questions, please let us know before you accept the quote
- A contract between us is formed when you accept the quotation by either
i Signing the quote
ii Telephoning us to confirm acceptance of the quote and our terms by placing an order,
- We will carry out the work set out on your quote, for the price that is stated in it, under the following terms & conditions. All prices include VAT at 5% unless the price is Zero and free to the customer
- Your quote is valid for 28 days and we must begin the work within 90 days of your acceptance. After this time your quote will no longer be valid and you will need to get another quote.
- You may cancel the work free of charge at any time prior to the work being carried out giving 24 hours notice to any install date given.
- Any time frames we give you are our best estimates and we will do what we can to keep to those time frames. Where there are likely to be delays we will let you know as soon as possible and agree new time frames with you. The time it takes us to complete the work has no effect on the price we quoted you.
- We will take care to carry out the work without causing damage to your property. If we cause unnecessary damage because of negligence we will put it right. Sometimes we have to do extra work, and this can cause damage to things like inside and outside finishings( for example, wall coverings and paint). You may need to redecorate, repair or restore certain areas once the work is completed. This is not included in the price we quoted and you will be responsible for this.
- If you are a tenant, you will need your landlord’s permission before you allow us to start the work, and we may need you to give us evidence that you have got this permission. If we carry out the work at the landlord’s property and you have not got permission or have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get your landlord’s permission.
- If your property is a listed building, it is your responsibility to make sure that you get any permission you need before we start the work, and we will need evidence from you that you have got this permission. If you do not get the permission you need, you may be prosecuted in the criminal courts. We will not be able to start any work if you have not got the appropriate planning permission or if you are unable to give us evidence that you have this permission. If we carry out work at your property and you have given us false or inaccurate information, you will compensate us for any losses we suffer because of your failure to get the permission you needed, which may include court fines and penalties.
- We cannot be responsible if we cannot meet our responsibilities because of things beyond our control including, for example, poor weather conditions, industrial disputes, strikes that we are not directly involved in or if we find that species(for example bats, birds, butterflies and dormice) or plants that could be subject to special protection are found to be present in your property.
- If problems arise that are out of our control or problems that were not identified at survey stage and we are unable to carry out the install due to this then we cannot be held responsible for properties that are not installed.